General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions ("CITEM," "we," or "us") commits to abide by both domestic and international data privacy principles, to respect your personal information and privacy, and to place appropriate measures in pursuit thereof. In particular, we commit to adopting all standards and regulations prescribed by Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, the issuances of the National Privacy Commission in relation thereto, and other applicable laws (collectively, "Privacy Laws").
CITEM, an attached agency of the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), assists exporters by developing their core competencies in the areas of marketing, promotion, and capability building through professionally managed and well-selected programs and activities.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- ● You have given your consent to CITEM to use your information
- ● It is in CITEM's legitimate interests to process your information
- ● CITEM must ensure full compliance with the law
Types of Data Collected
While using the IFEX CONNECT, we may ask you to provide us with the following Personal Data attributes to get in touch with you or identify you. Data attributes may include, but is not limited to:
- ● Email address
- ● First name and last name
- ● Phone number
- ● Address, Region, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City or Municipality
- ● Usage Data
The Usage Data that has automatically collected when using the platform.
It may include information such as Your Device's IP address, the browser you use, the pages of our platform that you visit, including the time and date of visit, the time spent on those pages, the unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the platform via a mobile device, information is automatically collected, including, but not limited to the following: type of mobile device used, its unique ID, the IP address, the OS, the mobile internet browser used, and other similar raw facts.
The information that your browser may send may also be collected every time you visit or access our site via a mobile device.
CITEM may use Data for the following purposes:
- · To provide and maintain our service.
- · To manage your account registration as a user of the website. The Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the IFEX CONNECT online platform available for registered users.
- · To contact you by any means of any electronic communication available concerning updates or information concerning the products and services contracted, functionalities and security updates as necessary or reasonable in the implementation of the site.
- · To provide you with our latest updates about other goods, services, and events that we offer unless you prefer not to receive them.
- · To attend and manage your requests communicated to us.
- · For other purposes: We may use your data for other lawful purposes, such as but not limited to data analysis, identify usage trends and effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and improving our products and services.
We may share your data in the following circumstances:
- · With Valued Partners: to monitor and evaluate the use of our services to you.
- · With Affiliates: Possible sharing of your Data with our affiliates which includes our parent agency and other member agencies, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or are under common control, in which case we require the strict observance of the policy on data privacy.
- · With other users: when you share your data through your interaction in the public areas with other users (e.g., through a Third-Party Social Media Service), viewing your Data is possible. They may be publicly distributed outside by all users. Similarly, other users will be able to view reports of your move, communicate with you, and view your profile.
- · With your consent: We may disclose your data for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Data
CITEM will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage of Data is kept for a shorter period, except when this Data strengthens the security or improves our service's functionality. We are legally obligated to retain this Data for more extended periods.
DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Under the Privacy Laws, you are entitled to the following data privacy rights:
- 1. the right to be informed whether your personal information shall be, are being, or have been processed;
- 2. the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- 3. the right to reasonably access your personal information;
- 4. the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal information and have us correct it immediately and accordingly;
- 5. the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your Personal Information from our records;
- 6. the right to file a complaint with the NPC for any violation of your data privacy rights;
- 7. the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your Personal Information not in accordance with this Statement; and
- 8. the right to data portability of your personal information.
CITEM follows a standard procedure of using log files, like all hosting companies, and hosting services' analytics. These files log visitors when they visit websites. The information collected by log files covers internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and, possibly, the number of clicks. However, these are not linked to any personally identifiable information. Instead, the Data aims to detect online behavior patterns, administer the online platform of IFEX CONNECT, track users' movement on the site, and gather demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
- ● https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You have the option to click disable cookies in your browser. Learn more about cookie management at the websites of the specific browsers.
Personal Data Disclosure
On Business Transactions
On Law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, CITEM may be required to disclose your Data as required by law or in compliance with valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
CITEM may disclose your Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- · Comply with a legal obligation
- · The protection and the defense of the rights or property of the Agency
- · The prevention or investigation of possible wrongdoing concerning the service
- · The protection of personal safety of users of the service or the public
- · Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Data
The security of your Data is imperative to us. However, please be reminded that no transmission system over the Internet or system of electronic storage is secured 100%. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially and legally acceptable means to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM)
Tel. no. : (02) 8-831-2201
Fax no.: (02) 8-832-3965 / (02) 8-834-0177